Saint John Vianney High School's News Site.

Lancer's Point

• Walk-a-Thon May 9!!!

Lancer's Point

Lancer's Point

The Long-awaited TikTok Ban
The Long-awaited TikTok Ban
Hannah MendezMarch 14, 2024

Popular social media site TikTok, which is well-known for its short videos, has come under attack and has even been banned in several nations over a number of issues.  Privacy...

Daylight Savings
March 8, 2024

Tie-Dye for Hope

The National Honors Society here at Saint John Vianney has come up with a very unique fundraiser for this spring. NHS have decided to raise money for a charity called Raising Hope for Others, a non-profit organization that helps anyone who is in need during difficult medical times. This charity helps not only financially but also assists with basic needs such as food and clothing. To contribute to this wonderful cause, the National Honors Society has set up a tie-dye activity scheduled for Thursday, April 25th. This event will take place in the Art room during lunch. At a cost of 10 dollars, you will have the opportunity to tie-dye a shirt for this amazing cause, and have fun while doing it! If you’re interested, go to the SJV website and fill out a form, they’re due April 10th. Also, if you want to donate or find out more information about Raising Hope for Others, please visit their websiteraisinghopeforothers.blogspot.com.

About the Contributor
Julia Aleo
Julia Aleo, Writer/Editor
Hi! My names is Julia Aleo, I'm a Senior here at Saint John Vianney. This is my fourth year writing for our school paper, the Lancer's Point. I'm extremely excited to be writing again this year because we have a lot of new, fresh faces to help us this school year. I also cannot wait to continue my column, "Humans of SJV." When I'm not writing, I'm actively involved in Key Club. This is my second year being President of the club, I will be planning multiple service events throughout the year. Over the summer, I worked as a camp counselor at a YMCA sleep away camp. I had the opportunity to work with our special education program,  this was so rewarding and a fun program to participate in. Thank you for reading my bio, I hope you enjoyed getting to know me a little bit better!