Key Club Gives Back for the Holidays

Julia Aleo, Writer

For the month of November, Saint John Vianney’s Key Club went above and beyond for the sake of thanksgiving.

The club did a food drive with the help of Strathmore’s community. The members walked around the neighbors to drop off bags at the doors. The household were then to fill the bag with non-perishable food, which is explained on the notes given at the door.

The following week the members, along with the help of faculty and student drivers, went back to the neighbors to retrieve the bags, which was now filled with food! The students loaded up the cars, which were driven back to school to be filled in one car load.

Officers Julia Aleo and Taylor Kelly, along with the help of Mr. Scoles and Mr. Johnson, went to the food bank “Broken Loaves” to donate the food. The owners of the bank were overjoyed with the amount of food that they received.

This December, Key Club is giving back to another organization, Sylvia’s Children.

Sylvia’s Children is a non-profit organization that contributes to a school and village in Africa. Ms. Sylvia is a grandmother to over 1,000 African children and constantly finds new ways to aid the entire community. Key Club is helping her aid the organization this month.

Key Club has started a clothing drive, which is open to the whole school. The drive is open to all types of clothes, including shoes, belts, and bags.

The clothes that are donated are then sold to merchants for a low price within the village, and then the merchants will sell the clothes. for This contributes to the economy in the village, and the money that we have earned helps buy Christmas presents for the children.

This drive will go on until Christmas break (December 19th.) Please bring in anything you can to contribute to this wonderful cause!