Senior Regrets

Senior Regrets

Stephanie Brogna, Editor-in-Chief/ Photographer

High School is all about finding yourself and discovering where you belong. We have all had that time where we look back and realize we regret something we did or didn’t do. Maybe it was not a attending the last football game of the year, maybe it was joining a sport or club that you didn’t participate in until it was too late, maybe it was not spending more time with your friends, maybe it was being a part of a group that you really didn’t belong in. Whatever the case may be, everyone knows deep down what their moment was.

Once senior year comes, students begin to realize these “regrets” more and more, and often try to squeeze everything in during the last few months of school. With a year full of “lasts” it’s apparent there will be some wishful thinking among these soon-to-be graduates.

I regret procrastinating on my school work in high school. I waited for the last minute to complete many assignments. I regret that I did not go to more school events like the plays and the various sports teams,” says senior Kristin DiPede.

For some seniors it was good that they realized their regrets early on, for example in sports, or clubs. “Something I regret doing in high school was playing on the freshman girl’s basketball team. I hated the sport, but did it for exercise. I broke my foot two weeks after making the team, which was a blessing in disguise,” says Trinity Day.

Some truly enjoyed their experience here at SJV and would not want to change a thing. “I do not regret anything that I have done at SJV,” says Joseph Castelli. Taylor Castineira agrees with Castelli.

“I have no regrets with the choices I have made. I am so glad that I chose to come here because I have made friendships that will last a lifetime,” she says.  
Many of these last few moments are critical in their high school identity, and for some they will change their future plans to reflect the things they missed out on.  “The things I regret will cause me to change in the future. I will make my decisions based on my past and be more aware of time management. Also, I will make sure to go to events knowing that there are only so many in life,” DiPede adds