SJV Lady Lancers Basketball Preview 2015-2016 Season

Paige McCloskey, Writer

The Lady Lancers 2015-2016 basketball season is in full swing. The Lady Lancers have not lost one senior and will be returning this season with the full roster from last year. With almost every single one of their senior’s committed to play in college, it is clear that this is a power team.

Senior, Kelly Campbell is committed to division one school DePaul University. Zoe Pero is committed to division one school Saint Peters. Six foot  forward Gabrielle Caponegro is committed to LIU Brooklyn. Point guard Kellie Crouch committed to Wagner and point guard Tina Lebron is committed to play at Caldwell University. Seniors, Vanessa Pinho and Megan Furch are also key players.

Six foot three junior Kimberly Evans is a number one college prospect in the field of recruiting right now. Also in the field of recruiting on the Lady Lancers roster is players Julia Ramos, Abby Anderko, Riley Kehoe, and Courtney Dobrzynski. New comer includes Coach Dawn Karpell’s freshman daughter, Sarah Karpell who will be a big asset to the team.

The Lady Lancers basketball went for 24 wins and only five losses in the 2014-2015 season. The lancers went on to win the State’s Championship in 2015 but fell short by one game to St. Rose in the Tournament of Champions.

Senior Kelly Campbell comments, “I am really excited for the season. It is going to be a great one and a fun last season here as a lancer.”

“It is going to be a lot of hard work this season but we are all prepared to give it our all.” said junior Julia Ramos.

“This season is going to be a wild ride. We have a lot of talented players this season and it is going to be great! I am very excited to get the season into full swing and know that this will be an amazing year for us.” said Coach Dawn Karpell.

The Lady Lancers are back this year and are a force to be reckoned with. . . We wish the Lady Lancers Basketball a great season and good luck!