Saint John Vianney High School's News Site.

Lancer's Point

• Walk-a-Thon May 9!!!

Lancer's Point

Lancer's Point

The Long-awaited TikTok Ban
The Long-awaited TikTok Ban
Hannah MendezMarch 14, 2024

Popular social media site TikTok, which is well-known for its short videos, has come under attack and has even been banned in several nations over a number of issues.  Privacy...

Daylight Savings
March 8, 2024

Trending Makeup Products That Are Actually Worth It

There are always makeup and skincare products that are trending all over social media, but are they actually worth your money? Truthfully, most of them aren’t. They are either too expensive or just not effective. But there are truly some really great products out there that you should definitely give a try. 

The viral Elf Power Grip Primer has dominated social media, being one of the best primers out there. The Power Grip Primer formula grips your makeup and makes it last throughout the day. It gives your skin a long-lasting dewy finish, and is great for all skin types. Not to mention that this best-selling primer is only $10! With this product, you are really getting a good outcome for an inexpensive price.

Another product that became extremely popular is the KimChi Puff Puff Pass Set & Bake Powder. This setting powder instantly went viral because of its amazing results. It is easy to use to set and/or bake your makeup and is perfect for people with oily skin. This favored product is only $20, so you really are getting a bang for your buck! 

If you’re looking for a good blush, then the Rare Beauty Soft Pinch Liquid Blush is definitely right for you. This blush is long-lasting and blends perfectly into your skin for a soft and weightless finish. In addition, this blush has so many different shades, and is suitable for all skin types! This Rare Beauty blush is only $23, so it really is worth the try!

Want to hydrate and soothe your lips? The viral Summer Fridays Lip Butter Balm is the perfect lip balm to moisturize and shine your lips. You can even use it at night for a nourishing overnight mask. It is 100% vegan and smells amazing! They have many different shades, for whatever mood you’re in! This lip balm retails at $24, and is certainly the choice for you if you’re looking for a good lip product. So, as trends come and go like the seasons, make sure you look out for the best products that you can get with your money!

About the Contributor
Ashley Thompson, Writer