Saint John Vianney High School's News Site.

Lancer's Point

• Walk-a-Thon May 9!!!

Lancer's Point

Lancer's Point

The Long-awaited TikTok Ban
The Long-awaited TikTok Ban
Hannah MendezMarch 14, 2024

Popular social media site TikTok, which is well-known for its short videos, has come under attack and has even been banned in several nations over a number of issues.  Privacy...

Daylight Savings
March 8, 2024

To 5 Spring Break Destinations

For many on the east coast, Spring Break is just around the corner. This new year, Easter is on March 31 which means people are off from work and school for break. Just like Christmas break, it is very popular for people to go away to a warm tropical destination to celebrate the start of spring and if you are religious, God. 

Going away for spring break is the best time for students to get rid of some of the stress of finals and graduation. It is the last time to let loose before locking in the finish out the school year. Every year some destinations continue to take the top spots of best spring break destinations. Each one affordable, easy access, and not super far away. 

1. Cancun: Not much of a surprise. Cancun is one of the most popular vacation spots out there. Especially for spring breakers. It is home to turquoise waters and white sand beaches. It has a lot of all-inclusive resorts to choose from. Students can also get good deals on some websites. It is not just known for their beautiful scenery but also history and activities. Jet skiing, parasailing, and dance performances are popular among the many excursions. You can also see the history of Cancun by visiting Isla Mujeres and Isla Contoy on a daytrip. It is also home to one of the seven wonders of the world, Chichen Itza, a Mayan archaeological site.
    2. Miami Beach: Another very popular destination for spring breakers is Miami Beach. March and April are filled with lots of city life and festivals. Miami’s famous Ultra Music Festival takes place around the days everyone is off for spring break. There is a wide variety of affordable hotels and restaurants at the kid-friendly North Beach. There are galleries, museums and theaters on the mainland, Greater Miami. South Beach is the most popular spot in Miami and is in the southernmost neighborhood. It is a family friendly vacation spot accompanied by a party city at night.
    3. Jamaica: Looking to get out of the country and go to the Caribbean? Well, Jamaica is also perfect for a Spring break vacation. Book a plane ticket and a hotel room and prepare to indulge yourself in Jamaican culture. Your vacation will be filled with reggae music, jerk seasoning, warm weather, and welcoming islanders. Not only are there beautiful beaches with pristine blue water in Negril, but there are adventurous spots like Ocho Rios where you can climb waterfalls and take in the natural beauty of Jamaica. The land of sugar cane is full of 5-star inclusive resorts to make your spring break worth it.
    4. Playa del Carmen: Mexico is full of amazing spring break destinations including Playa del Carmen. Here you can find yourself partying at night, tanning on the beaches, snorkeling, and drinking tropic drinks at your all-inclusive resort. Located along the Yucatan Peninsula, Playa del Carmen will give you all that you are looking for. Stroll around to see old statues from Mayan times and see the ancient ruins of Tulum. La Quinta Avenida is the public square, 22 blocks big, with great eateries, bars, and shops. 
    5. Punta Cana: Punta Cana is not as centered around nightlife as the other destinations. There is not much to do outside of your all-inclusive resorts but plenty to do within. Kayaking, paddle boarding, beach volleyball, pool games, good drinks and food, all can be found at resorts in Punta Cana. If you do like to dance, go check out The Cave at Imagine Punta Cana. If you like golf, Punta Cana is home to some good golf courses at Punta Espada or La Cana. Scape Park’s Hoyo Azul is a place to find some adventure by jumping into this beautiful blue lagoon. 

If you are looking to go somewhere tropical for Spring break, check out these top 5 destinations that will give you everything you are looking for. But hurry up and book those plane tickets and hotel rooms before it is too late. Make spring break 2024 the best yet!

About the Contributor
Ryleigh Geibel, Writer