SJV Danced Away the Back-to-School Blues

Jessica Ventura, Writer/Editor

Autumn and the whole back-to-school rush always causes mixed feelings. On the one hand, there is the excitement of a new fall wardrobe and reconnecting with classmates. But at the same time, there is a lot of anxiety about the impending school work, and the worries about whether classmates will remember you and will they eat lunch with you in the coming year.

So before the whirlwind of the new school season took hold, Saint John Vianney High School helped the freshmen and sophomores ease back into school by hosting a Back-to-School Dance during the first weeks of September.

In preparation for the dance, SJV’s new and improved Spirit Decorating Committee, alongside Mrs. Langdon and Mrs. Cammarata, spent the hours before the dance stringing lights, blowing up yellow and black balloons, assembling snack tables, and embellishing the cafeteria with streamers and other festive décor. It is needless to say that our Spirit Decorating Committee turned our school into a place where underclassmen could let loose and enjoy themselves.

Many freshmen and sophomores attended, along with various juniors and seniors who dedicated their time to make sure everyone was happy and satisfied. Throughout the course of the dance, everyone had an overall fantastic time.

With an awesome DJ provided by SJV, the freshmen and sophomores danced to popular hit songs. Also, some brave students attempted to belt out a tune with karaoke. It was great entertainment to everyone who attended.

In anticipation for the next dance, SJV’s up-coming dance is the essential Homecoming Dance. The Homecoming Dance will occur on Thursday, October 30 in the cafeteria from 7-9:30 p.m. It will be a masquerade theme. I hope you will be in attendance!