Lancer Hockey – Last Scrimmage Before Opener

Gianna Colao, Managing Editor

On Tuesday, Nov. 23, 2021, the SJV Ice Hockey Team had their last scrimmage against Wall High School, before the season opener.

In the first period, the Lancers had majority possession of the puck with a total of 20 shots to five shots.

The last shot the Lancers were able to take in the first period came out as a goal. Scored by Jack Allen, and assisted by Rob Calice with 2:54 remaining in the period.

The second period was a much closer game between the two teams. Shots for both teams were at a total of 18 by the Lancers, and 10 by Wall. No goals were scored by either team in this period, so moving onto the third, the score was still 1-0.

The third period had the Lancers again with more possession over the puck. 7:17 left in the period a shot by Calice, with a pass by Allen, went in. Making the current score 2-0, with a few minutes to go.

With 1:22 left in regulation, a pass made by the goalie, Dan Shallcross, to the defender, Alex Osher, set up a bizarre play. Osher let off a saucer shot from inside the neutral zone. Sophomore goalie, Ethan Rotante, was not paying attention at the time, causing the puck to 5-hole him. This made the last goal a full ice shot.

The final score of the game was 3-0, Lancers. With a total of 56 shots, to 19 shots.