Girls Bowling Team off to a Striking Start

Stephanie Brogna, Co-Editor-in-Chief/ Photographer

The 2014-2015 season has been very successful for the SJV Girls Varsity Bowling Team. Starting out the season with a win over Mater Dei, the girls continued their win streak over Keansburg. Continuing an undefeated season for the second year in a row, the girls of Saint John Vianney High School hope for the best continuing their season.

On Dec 6, the girls competed in their first tournament of the season. They placed eleventh out of 29 teams competing in Shore Conference. The team consisting of seniors, Olivia Cleaves, Daphne Schnider, Victoria Chimelowicz, and juniors Evonne Scott and Stephanie Brogna, threw three games totaling 2367 series.

The five girls played in the South Jersey Singles Classic Tournament on Dec 13. Scott threw the highest series, 493, finishing in twenty-fifth place. Followed by Cleaves in 27th place, 465 series.

On Dec 20, Vianney placed seventh out of 13 teams. Brogna threw the high game of 213 and had a 544 series followed by Chimelowicz high game of 190, and Cleaves finishing with a series of 506.

Out of 28 teams the Saint John Vianney girls team finished eleventh. The girls finished with a 2451 series. Brogna threw the high game of 230 finishing with a 604 series. Cleaves was close behind with a high game of 212 and 563 series.

More recently the girls placed third out of 10 teams in the Winter Wave Tournament on Jan 16.

Saint John Vianney High School is qualified to compete in State Championships on Feb 7. They will also play in the Monmouth County Championships, on Feb 6, where they placed fourth last year and in Shore Conference on Feb 12.